Mapbender Users, Developers and Steering Committee
Mapbender is developed by three inclusive groups:
- The Mapbender PSC decides on functionality, release plan, licensing and development in general.
- Mapbender Contributors contribute to documentation, testing, packaging, etc. All active developers (code and content) are in this group. This group can vote on issues brought up by the steering comittee.
- The largest group of active Mapbender Users communicate through the Mapbender Mailing Lists for support and help. All developers and the PSC will read the lists. Anybody on this list can propose a request for change or bring up issues with the board resulting in a Voting Process.
A lot of activity happens during Code Sprints that take place throughout the year and in different locations. Anybody is invited to join Mapbender Code and Development Sprints, it is the best place to get into personal contact with the developers.
Already a developer?
- First and foremost, check if your contributions are done!
- Maintain your user site, for example User:Christoph Baudson. For example, add the entry
[[Category:Developer]]to your user site.
be responsible, foster sustainability
- database-structure of the Mapbender Database (image)
- Wiki Module Documentation
- NaturalDocs Module Dokumentation
- Write a Mapbender module (v2.7+)
- Module Template: Simple button (v2.7+)
- Module Template: Toggle button (v2.7+)
- Module Template: Toggle button with map interaction (v2.7+)
- JSON RPC example (v2.6+)
- Internationisation tutorial (v2.7+)
- Communication between modules (v2.7+)
- When to include which files (v2.7+)
- Layout concepts (v2.7+)
- Changing the theme of your application with jQuery UI theme roller
- arrays with unique entries
For some long running projects special Workgroups have been created.
Not a developer?
Write an email to email@example.com (see Mapbender Mailing Lists)
How to contribute
- join the mailing lists
- apply for a Wiki account
- Send your code to the developer list
- become a developer